One day is just not enough to celebrate National Sponge Candy Day! (Sponge, what?! Sponge candy is a light and crunchy but delicate toffee made from sugar, corn syrup and baking soda. The recipe is very simple but produces a unique flavor!)
Platter’s Chocolate Factory would agree, as they kick off the 2nd Sponge Candy Fest, September 21-22, 2018.
If for some reason sponge candy isn’t your thing, you can enjoy a wide assortment of their classic chocolates, ice cream shop featuring both Perry’s Hard Ice Cream and their frozen custard. Trust me, you will not go wrong with the Orange Chocolate fudge sauce (it makes a sweet gift too!).
See the full two-day schedule below.
Friday, September 21, 2018
- Wine & Chocolate Pairing (SOLD OUT)
Saturday, September 22, 2018
- 2nd Annual Sponge Candy 5K Run/Walk (Pre-register: $25/Day of: $30)
- 3 - 4 PM: Live music by Allie Rose (Free)
- 4 - 7:30 PM: Beer tent with live music featuring Kurt's Back (Free)
- 4:30 - 6:30 PM: Air brushing tattoos by Mr. Paul (Free)
- 5:30 - 7:30 PM: Balloon Bros (Free)
- 6 - 7 PM: Nick Presents Magic (Free)