The culmination of the Lower Niagara River trout fishery, the Lake Ontario spring salmon and trout fishery off the Niagara Bar, Wilson and Olcott, as well as the early trophy bass season opening on Lake Erie has key media returning to experience these natural angling wonders. Starting on Sunday, May 5, outdoor media will be convening in Lewiston to pay homage to the area's fishing resources.
"May is one of the best times of year for sportfishing in Niagara USA," said Bill Hilts, Jr., outdoor sports specialist, at NTCC. "With the kick-off of the Lake Ontario Counties Trout and Salmon Derby May 3-12, 2013 to sound off the fishing season for many, Niagara USA is on the national media radar screen."
Visiting media include:
- Mark Davis, host of "Penn's Big Water Adventures" that appears on The Outdoor Channel;
- Charles Beasley, with In-Fisherman magazine and television show;
- Larry Ladowski and Dennis Leppell with MidWest Outdoors magazine and television show;
- Jimmy Fee, editor with On the Water magazine;
- Joe Cermele, fishing editor with Field & Stream;
- Mike Caruso, editor with The Fisherman magazines;
- James Hall, editor with Bassmaster Magazine;
- Mike Pehanich, freelance outdoor writer and senior writer for Bassmaster, Bass Times, Fishing Tackle Retailer and host of the Small Waters Fishing website. He also contributes to Outdoor Life magazine.
Corporate sponsors for the event include: Buck Knives; Mustad Hooks, Flambeau Outdoors, Seaguar Fishing Line, and NTCC.
The mission of the Niagara Tourism & Convention Corporation (NTCC) is to expand the economic prosperity of the Niagara USA communities by generating individual and group visitation.
Bill Hilts, Jr.
Outdoor Sports Specialist
(716) 282-8992 ext. 303