Coronavirus Update and Travel Information
Updated: March 1, 2022
All Niagara Falls USA destination partners and businesses are taking the necessary precautions and making safety protocol changes to keep each other safe, including practicing social distancing and wearing a mask. Unified in Safety is a shared commitment for all of us to stay safe and healthy, while following recommended public health guidelines. Safety is everyone's responsibility.
As of Monday, December 13, 2021, Governor Kathy Hochul announced masks will be required to be worn in all indoor public places unless businesses or venues implement a vaccine requirement. This major action to address the winter surge comes as COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations rise statewide and is in alignment with the CDC's recommendations for communities with substantial and high transmission. Learn more here.
COVID-19 Travel Advisory for New York State
The travel guidelines require all New Yorkers, as well as those visiting from out-of-state or another country, to take personal responsibility for compliance in the best interest of public health and safety.
As of June 25, 2021, the New York State Travel Advisory is no longer in effect. As such, travelers arriving in New York are no longer required to submit traveler health forms.
All travelers, domestic and international, should continue to follow all CDC travel requirements.
Now Open in Niagara Falls, NY and Niagara Falls USA
Border Crossing Information
For information regarding international border crossing, click here for requirements.
Healthy Travel Practices
- Wash and clean your hands often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cough/sneeze into your elbow
- Avoid close contact with others; keep 6 feet distance of physical distance from others
- Wear a face cloth covering in public
- Be aware of latest travel advisories from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Re-Opening Partner Resources
- Unified in Safety Commitment
- New York Forward: Industries Reopening by Phase
- Niagara County Center for Economic Development: COVID-19 Resource Page
- US Travel Association: Industry Guidance for Promoting the Health and Safety of All Travelers
- American Hotel & Lodging Association: Enhanced Industry-wide Hotel Cleaning Standards in response to COVID-19
- The Global Association for the Attractions Industry: COVID-19 Reopening Guidance