Coronavirus Update and Travel Information
Updated: June 16, 2021
All Niagara Falls USA destination partners and businesses are taking the necessary precautions and making safety protocol changes to keep each other safe, including practicing social distancing and wearing a mask. Unified in Safety is a shared commitment for all of us to stay safe and healthy, while following recommended public health guidelines. Safety is everyone's responsibility.
As of May 19, New York State adopted the CDC's "Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People" for most business and public settings. Unvaccinated individuals continue to be responsible for wearing masks, in accordance with federal CDC guidance. Consistent with the State's implementation of the recent CDC guidance, masks are still required for unvaccinated individuals. Further, the State's health guidelines continue to be in effect for large-scale indoor event venues, pre-K to grade 12 schools, public transit, homeless shelters, correctional facilities, nursing homes, and health care settings per CDC guidelines.
As of June 15, COVID-19 restrictions are lifted immediately as 70 percent of New Yorkers aged 18 or older have received the first dose of their COVID-19 vaccination series. The State's health guidance and New York Forward industry specific guidelines—including social gathering limits, capacity restrictions, social distancing, cleaning and disinfection, health screening, and contact information for tracing—are now optional for retail, food services, offices, gyms and fitness centers, amusement and family entertainment, hair salons, barber shops and personal care services, among other commercial settings.
COVID-19 Travel Advisory for New York State
The travel guidelines require all New Yorkers, as well as those visiting from out-of-state or another country, to take personal responsibility for compliance in the best interest of public health and safety.
As of June 25, 2021, the New York State Travel Advisory is no longer in effect. As such, travelers arriving in New York are no longer required to submit traveler health forms.
All travelers, domestic and international, should continue to follow all CDC travel requirements. Learn more here.
Now Open in Niagara Falls, NY and Niagara Falls USA
Healthy Travel Practices
- Wash and clean your hands often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cough/sneeze into your elbow
- Avoid close contact with others; keep 6 feet distance of physical distance from others
- Wear a face cloth covering in public
- Be aware of latest travel advisories from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Re-Opening Partner Resources
- Unified in Safety Commitment
- New York Forward: Industries Reopening by Phase
- Niagara County Center for Economic Development: COVID-19 Resource Page
- US Travel Association: Industry Guidance for Promoting the Health and Safety of All Travelers
- American Hotel & Lodging Association: Enhanced Industry-wide Hotel Cleaning Standards in response to COVID-19
- The Global Association for the Attractions Industry: COVID-19 Reopening Guidance