This page has been updated as of July 8, 2020.
Niagara Falls, New York is currently operating under New York State’s Phase 4 plan, as of June 30, 2020. Please click here for more details.
All our destination partners and businesses are taking the necessary precautions and making safety protocol changes to keep each other safe — including our locals, the hospitality and tourism community, and visitors to Niagara Falls USA. Unified in Safety is a shared commitment for all of us to stay safe and healthy, while following recommended public health guidelines. Safety is everyone's responsibility.
Is there a travel advisory for New York State?
Yes! New York State, New Jersey, and Connecticut have implemented a tri-state travel advisory that requires any individuals traveling from states with significant community spread of COVID-19 to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. The policy also applies to New Yorkers who travel to one of these states and then return home. For a list of restricted states, please click here.
Which Niagara Falls hotels are open?
Most hotels are open. Click here to find lodging that suits your needs. (Note: The hotel only at the Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino is currently closed.)
New York State Park campsites, cabins and cottages are currently open only to those with existing reservations. New reservations for all available sites — including tents, trailers, RVs, cabins, yurts and cottages — will be accepted at 9 a.m. Monday, June 8, for camping stays beginning on or after June 22. To make a reservation, call 1-800-456-CAMP or book online.
Which Niagara Falls USA attractions are open?
- Niagara Falls USA Official Visitor Center: Open daily, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Niagara Falls State Park is open 24/7/365, but all attractions do have specific hours of operation. Parking is $10 for the day. The Niagara Falls USA Discovery Pass will not be available for sale for the 2020 season.
- Aquarium of Niagara: Open daily, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Cave of the Winds at Niagara Falls State Park: Open daily, 10 a.m. to 7:15 p.m. Timed tickets will be required; visit the Cave as your first stop of the day. Capacity will be limited and times will fill quickly. The World Changed Here Pavilion will not be opened and sandals will not be provided.
- Erie Canal Discovery Center: Now open
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum: Now open, Wednesday–Saturday only, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Lockport Cave & Underground Boat Ride: Opening Thurs., July 9, 2020. Includes walking tour only.
- Lockport Locks & Erie Canal Cruises: Open daily for tours at 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 3 p.m.
- Maid of the Mist: Open daily. Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. & Friday–Sunday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Niagara Jet Adventures: Now open
- Niagara Wine Trail, USA: Visit the individual winery websites and social media pages for the most up-to-date information.
- Old Fort Niagara: Open daily, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Rainbow Air, Inc. Helicopter Tours: Now open
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino: Casino only is open 24/7. Additional details can be found here.
- Skydive the Falls: Now open
- Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours: Now open
Which Niagara Falls USA restaurants are open?
All restaurants and food service establishments, including food trucks and other food concessions are allowed to operate indoor and outdoor dining faciltiies with restrictions:
- 50% maximum occupancy indoors, excluding employees
- All tables indoors or outdoors must be separated by 6 ft. or with physical barriers
- Employees must wear face coverings at all times
- Customers must wear face coverings, except when seated
- Maximum 10 people at each table
- Clean/disinfect reuseable menus between use, or display online, TV, or with chalkboards.
Which Niagara Falls USA stores are open?
- Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls USA: Stores with their own external entrance(s) separate from the general mall entrance (e.g. strip malls, anchor tenants), have resumed all in-store retail activities; some stores within the mall are now open, and other retailers remain open for curbside pickup only; this includes these retailers.
- Lakeview Village Shoppes: Individual shop hours vary, but most open 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
Which Niagara Falls USA outdoor recreation amenities are open?
- New York State Parks: All are open, though some amenities remain closed. Click here to learn more about area parks.
- Fishing: Fishing charters have resumed tours; click here to find an operator. If you own a boat, launch ramps and marinas are open.
- Golf Courses: All golf courses are open; click here to find a course.
- Reddy Bikeshare: 145 bikes in over 30 locations throughout the City of Niagara Falls; learn how to use the social bicycle service here.
- Sight See Rentals: Offering bicycles, electric scooters and more. Located nearby Niagara Falls State Park.
Can I cross the border and travel to Canada?
No, the U.S. and Canadian border is closed to all non-essential travel until July 21, 2020.