Information updated as of May 12, 2021.
Niagara Falls USA is adhering to all COVID-19 protocol updates including social distancing and wearing a mask.
All our destination partners and businesses are taking the necessary precautions and making safety protocol changes to keep each other safe — including our locals, the hospitality and tourism community, and visitors to Niagara Falls USA. Unified in Safety is a shared commitment for all of us to stay safe and healthy, while following recommended public health guidelines. Safety is everyone's responsibility.
Is there a travel advisory for New York State?
The travel guidelines require all New Yorkers, as well as those visiting from out-of-state or another country, to take personal responsibility for compliance in the best interest of public health and safety.
As of April 10, 2021, asymptomatic travelers entering New York from another country, U.S. state, or territory are no longer required to test or quarantine. Quarantine, consistent with the CDC recommendations, is still recommended for all travelers who are not fully vaccinated or have not recovered from laboratory confirmed COVID-19 during the previous 3 months. Symptomatic travelers must immediately self-isolate and contact the local health department or their healthcare providers to determine if they should seek COVID-19 testing.
All travelers must complete the Traveler Health Form unless the traveler had left New York for less than 24 hours or is coming to New York from a contiguous state; those states are Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont. Learn more here.
Which Niagara Falls hotels are open?
Most hotels, motels, vacation rentals, bed and breakfasts are open. Click here to find lodging that suits your needs.
New York State Park campsites, cabins and cottages are currently open. Reservations can be made in advance by calling toll free 1-800-456-CAMP or online. No walk-in stays will be accepted at this time.
Which Niagara Falls USA attractions are open?
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, several Niagara Falls USA attractions and activities are encouraging visitors to purchase and secure admission tickets online and in advance of their visit as capacity is limited at all locations. Please confirm details beforehand to ensure an enjoyable experience for all! Times and days are subject to change. Most attractions are closed on major holidays. Face masks are required!
For planning assistance while in the destination, visit the Niagara Falls USA Official Visitor Center, 10 Rainbow Blvd., Niagara Falls, NY 14303; open daily, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Or call, 1-877 FALLS US.
- Niagara Falls State Park is open 24/7/365 for viewing the Falls. Please note, all attractions have their own hours of operation. The Falls are illuminated nightly. Parking is $10 for the day.
- Cave of the Winds Gorge Walk: Open daily at 9 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Timed tickets are required; capacity will be limited and times will fill quickly. The World Changed Here Pavilion will not be opened.
- Illumination of the Falls: Nightly, 8 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Maid of the Mist: Open daily; Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Niagara Adventure Theater: Open daily, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Niagara Scenic Trolley: Open daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Aquarium of Niagara: Open daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is a timed ticketing system and guests are strongly encouraged to purchase general admission passes online ahead of their visit.
- Erie Canal Discovery Center: Open daily until October 31, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Escape Niagara: Now open.
- Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls USA: Select stores now open. Open daily; please check with individual stores and restaurants for their current hours.
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum: Open Wednesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Sunday, noon to 3 p.m.
- Kenan Center: Open daily. Monday through Friday, noon to 5 p.m. and Saturday to Sunday, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Lakeview Village Shoppes: Open Saturday and Sunday, noon to 6 p.m.
- Niagara Climbing Center: Open daily, Monday to Friday, 3 to 9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, noon to 6 p.m.
- Niagara Falls Underground Railroad Heritage Center: Open Thursday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Digital tickets encouraged.
- Niagara Power Vista: Open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday only, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Guided 30-minute tours available; must be booked online prior to visit.
- Niagara Wine Trail, USA: Visit the individual winery websites and social media pages for the most up-to-date information.
- Olcott Beach Carousel Park: Opening soon. May 28 to 31, noon to 6 p.m.; June, open Saturdays and Sundays only, noon to 6 p.m.
- Old Fort Niagara: From April to May, open Wednesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Rainbow Air, Inc. Helicoper Tours: Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., weather permitting! Please note, no reservations due to weather pending conditions.
- Reddy Bikeshare: With 145 bikes in over 30 locations throughout the City of Niagara Falls, bikes are easily available to visitors and local residents. Learn more here.
- The Roaming Table - Lewiston Food Tours: Tours begin Sat., May 15. Must book online.
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino: Casino and hotel are open. Additional details can be found here.
- Skydive the Falls: Now open; online reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours: Now open; Wednesday to Sunday. Wet and dry tours available.
Which Niagara Falls USA restaurants are open?
All restaurants and food service establishments, including food trucks and other food concessions are allowed to operate indoor and outdoor dining facilities with restrictions.
- 75% maximum occupancy indoors, excluding employees
- All tables indoors or outdoors must be separated by 6 ft. or with physical barriers
- Employees must wear face coverings at all times
- Customers must wear face coverings, except when seated
- Maximum 10 people at each table
- Clean/disinfect reusable menus between use, or display online, TV, or with chalkboards.
Which Niagara Falls USA outdoor recreation amenities are open?
- New York State Parks: All are open, though some amenities remain closed. Click here to learn more about area parks.
- Fishing: Fishing charters have resumed tours; click here to find an operator. If you own a boat, launch ramps and marinas are open.
Can I cross the border and travel to Canada?
No! The U.S. and Canadian border is closed to all non-essential travel at least until May 21, 2021.