Information updated as of July 20, 2021.
Niagara Falls USA is adhering to all COVID-19 protocol updates.
All our destination partners and businesses are taking the necessary precautions and making safety protocol changes to keep each other safe — including our locals, the hospitality and tourism community, and visitors to Niagara Falls USA. Unified in Safety is a shared commitment for all of us to stay safe and healthy, while following recommended public health guidelines. Safety is everyone's responsibility.
As of May 19, New York State adopted the CDC's "Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People" for most business and public settings. Unvaccinated individuals continue to be responsible for wearing masks, in accordance with federal CDC guidance. Consistent with the State's implementation of the recent CDC guidance, masks are still required for unvaccinated individuals. Further, the State's health guidelines continue to be in effect for large-scale indoor event venues, pre-K to grade 12 schools, public transit, homeless shelters, correctional facilities, nursing homes, and health care settings per CDC guidelines.
As of June 15, COVID-19 restrictions are lifted immediately as 70 percent of New Yorkers aged 18 or older have received the first dose of their COVID-19 vaccination series. The State's health guidance and New York Forward industry specific guidelines—including social gathering limits, capacity restrictions, social distancing, cleaning and disinfection, health screening, and contact information for tracing—are now optional for retail, food services, offices, gyms and fitness centers, amusement and family entertainment, hair salons, barber shops and personal care services, among other commercial settings.
Is there a travel advisory for New York State?
The travel guidelines require all New Yorkers, as well as those visiting from out-of-state or another country, to take personal responsibility for compliance in the best interest of public health and safety.
As of June 25, 2021, the New York State Travel Advisory is no longer in effect. As such, travelers arriving in New York are no longer required to submit traveler health forms.
All travelers, domestic and international, should continue to follow all CDC travel requirements. Learn more here.
Which Niagara Falls hotels are open?
All hotels, motels, vacation rentals, bed and breakfasts are open. Click here to find lodging that suits your needs.
New York State Park campsites, cabins and cottages are currently open. Reservations can be made in advance by calling toll free 1-800-456-CAMP or online. No walk-in stays will be accepted at this time.
Which Niagara Falls USA attractions are open?
Several Niagara Falls USA attractions and activities are encouraging visitors to purchase and secure admission tickets online and in advance of their visit as capacity restrictions are in place. Please confirm details beforehand to ensure an enjoyable experience for all! Times and days are subject to change. Face masks may still be required!
For planning assistance while in the destination, visit the Niagara Falls USA Official Visitor Center, 10 Rainbow Blvd., Niagara Falls, NY 14303; open daily, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or call, 1-877 FALLS US.
- Niagara Falls State Park is open 24/7/365 for viewing the Falls. Purchase a la carte tickets at each attraction; the Niagara Falls USA Discovery Pass is not available this year. Parking fees range between $10-15/day.
- Cave of the Winds & The World Changed Here Pavilion: Open daily. Timed tickets are required; capacity will be limited and times will fill quickly.
- Illumination of the Falls: Nightly, 8:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. (There are no fireworks scheduled for 2021.)
- Maid of the Mist: Open daily.
- Niagara Adventure Theater: Open daily.
- Niagara Scenic Trolley: Open daily.
- Aquarium of Niagara: Open daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is a timed ticketing system and guests are strongly encouraged to purchase general admission passes online ahead of their visit.
- Castellani Art Museum: Open weekends only; Hours: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays, 1-5 p.m. Sundays.
- Discover Niagara Shuttle: Now operating. View the schedule and route here.
- Erie Canal Discovery Center: Open daily until October 31, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Escape Niagara: Now open.
- Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls USA: Select stores now open daily; please check with individual stores and restaurants for their current hours.
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum: Open Wednesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Sunday, noon to 3 p.m.
- The History Center of Niagara: Open Monday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Kenan Center: Open daily. Monday through Friday, noon to 5 p.m. and Saturday to Sunday, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Lakeview Village Shoppes: Open daily; Sunday to Thursday: noon to 6 p.m., and Friday & Saturday: noon to 8 p.m.
- Lockport Cave & Underground Boat Ride: Open daily; reserve tickets online.
- Lockport Locks & Erie Canal Cruises: Open daily. Scheduled cruises at 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 3 p.m. Reserve tickets online.
- Niagara Arts & Cultural Center: Open Wednesday to Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
- Niagara Climbing Center: Open daily, Monday to Friday, 3 to 9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, noon to 6 p.m.
- Niagara Falls Underground Railroad Heritage Center: Open Tuesday to Sunday. Digital tickets encouraged.
- Niagara Jet Adventures: Open daily; wet and dry seats available. Must book online.
- Niagara Power Vista: Open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Beginning Saturday, July 10, will be open weekends, too!)
- Niagara Wine Trail, USA: Visit the individual winery websites and social media pages for the most up-to-date information.
- Olcott Beach Carousel Park: For the month of June, open Saturdays and Sundays only, noon to 6 p.m.
- Old Fort Niagara: Open daily, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Rainbow Air, Inc. Helicoper Tours: Open Thursday to Monday, weather permitting! Please note, no reservations due to weather pending conditions.
- Reddy Bikeshare: With 145 bikes in over 30 locations throughout the City of Niagara Falls, bikes are easily available to visitors and local residents. Learn more here.
- The Roaming Table Food Tours: Tours available Friday and Saturday only. Must book online.
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino: Casino and hotel are open. Additional details can be found here.
- Skydive the Falls: Open daily. Online reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours: Open daily; wet and dry tours available. Must book online.
Which Niagara Falls USA restaurants are open?
All restaurants and food service establishments, including food trucks and other food concessions are allowed to operate indoor and outdoor dining facilities.
Which Niagara Falls USA outdoor recreation amenities are open?
- New York State Parks: All are open, though some amenities may not be available. Click here to learn more about area parks.
- Fishing & Boating: Fishing charters have resumed tours; click here to find an operator. If you own a boat, launch ramps and marinas are open.
Can I cross the border and travel to Canada?
Starting August 9, 2021, American citizens and permanent residents of the United States, who currently reside in the U.S. and who qualify as fully vaccinated travellers, will be able to enter Canada for discretionary travel. All travellers, regardless of vaccination status, will still require a pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test result. Learn more here.