This page has been updated as of November 20, 2020.
Niagara Falls USA is adhering to all COVID-19 protocol updates including social distancing and wearing a mask.
All our destination partners and businesses are taking the necessary precautions and making safety protocol changes to keep each other safe — including our locals, the hospitality and tourism community, and visitors to Niagara Falls USA. Unified in Safety is a shared commitment for all of us to stay safe and healthy, while following recommended public health guidelines. Safety is everyone's responsibility.
Is there a travel advisory for New York State?
Yes! As of November 4, 2020, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced new guidelines allowing travelers to New York to “test out” of the mandatory 14-day quarantine. Please review the guidelines here.
Which Niagara Falls hotels are open?
Most hotels, motels, vacation rentals, bed and breakfasts are open. Click here to find lodging that suits your needs.
New York State Park campsites, cabins and cottages are currently open. Reservations can be made in advance by calling toll free 1-800-456-CAMP or online. No walk-in stays will be accepted at this time.
Which Niagara Falls USA attractions are open?
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, several attractions are encouraging visitors to purchase and secure admission tickets in advance online. Please confirm beforehand to ensure an enjoyable experience for all. Times and days are subject to change. Most attractions are closed on major holidays. Face masks are required!
- Niagara Falls USA Official Visitor Center: Open daily, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Niagara Falls State Park is open 24/7/365, but all attractions do have specific hours of operation. Parking is $10 for the day. The Niagara Falls USA Discovery Pass will not be available for sale for the 2020 season.
- Aquarium of Niagara: Open daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cave of the Winds Winter Experience: Open daily at 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Timed tickets will be required; capacity will be limited and times will fill quickly. The World Changed Here Pavilion will not be opened and sandals will not be provided.
- Erie Canal Discovery Center: Now open
- Escape Niagara: Now open
- Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls USA: Select stores now open, other retailers remain open for curbside pickup only. Learn more here. Open daily, Monday–Saturday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Please check with individual stores and restaurants for their current hours.
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum: Now open, Wednesday–Saturday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday, noon to 3 p.m.
- Kenan Center: Open daily.
- Niagara Climbing Center: Open daily, Monday to Friday, 3 to 9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, noon to 6 p.m.
- Niagara Falls Underground Railroad Heritage Center: Now open Thursday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Digital tickets encouraged.
- Niagara Wine Trail, USA: Visit the individual winery websites and social media pages for the most up-to-date information.
- Observation Tower at Niagara Falls State Park: Open daily, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Old Fort Niagara: Open Wednesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino: Casino and hotel are open. Additional details can be found here.
Which Niagara Falls USA restaurants are open?
Effective Friday, November 13 at 10 p.m., bars, restaurants, as well as any State Liquor Authority-licensed establishment, will be required to close from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily. Restaurants will still be allowed to provide curbside, food-only pick-up or delivery after 10 p.m., but will not be permitted to serve alcohol to go.
All restaurants and food service establishments, including food trucks and other food concessions are allowed to operate indoor and outdoor dining facilities with restrictions:
- 50% maximum occupancy indoors, excluding employees
- All tables indoors or outdoors must be separated by 6 ft. or with physical barriers
- Employees must wear face coverings at all times
- Customers must wear face coverings, except when seated
- Maximum 10 people at each table
- Clean/disinfect reusable menus between use, or display online, TV, or with chalkboards.
Which Niagara Falls USA outdoor recreation amenities are open?
- New York State Parks: All are open, though some amenities remain closed. Click here to learn more about area parks.
- Fishing: Fishing charters have resumed tours; click here to find an operator. If you own a boat, launch ramps and marinas are open.
- Golf Courses: All golf courses are open; click here to find a course.
- Reddy Bikeshare: 145 bikes in over 30 locations throughout the City of Niagara Falls; learn how to use the social bicycle service here.
- Sight See Rentals: Offering bicycles, electric scooters and more. Located nearby Niagara Falls State Park.
Can I cross the border and travel to Canada?
No! The U.S. and Canadian border is closed to all non-essential travel at least until December 21, 2020.