This page has been updated as of October 16, 2020.
Niagara Falls, New York is currently operating under New York State’s Phase 4 plan, as of June 30, 2020. Please click here for more details.
All our destination partners and businesses are taking the necessary precautions and making safety protocol changes to keep each other safe — including our locals, the hospitality and tourism community, and visitors to Niagara Falls USA. Unified in Safety is a shared commitment for all of us to stay safe and healthy, while following recommended public health guidelines. Safety is everyone's responsibility.
Is there a travel advisory for New York State?
Yes! New York State, New Jersey, and Connecticut have implemented a tri-state travel advisory that requires any individuals traveling from states with significant community spread of COVID-19 to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. The policy also applies to New Yorkers who travel to one of these states and then return home. For a list of restricted states, click here.
Which Niagara Falls hotels are open?
Most hotels, motels, vacation rentals, bed and breakfasts are open. Click here to find lodging that suits your needs.
New York State Park campsites, cabins and cottages are currently open only to those with existing reservations. New reservations for all available sites — including tents, trailers, RVs, cabins, yurts and cottages — will be accepted at 9 a.m. Monday, June 8, for camping stays beginning on or after June 22. To make a reservation, call 1-800-456-CAMP or book online.
Which Niagara Falls USA attractions are open?
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, several attractions are encouraging visitors to purchase and secure admission tickets in advance online. Please confirm beforehand to ensure an enjoyable experience for all. Times are subject to change. Face masks are required!
- Niagara Falls USA Official Visitor Center: Open daily, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Niagara Falls State Park is open 24/7/365, but all attractions do have specific hours of operation. Parking is $10 for the day. The Niagara Falls USA Discovery Pass will not be available for sale for the 2020 season.
- Aquarium of Niagara: Open daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cave of the Winds Gorge Walk at Niagara Falls State Park: Open daily at 10 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Timed tickets will be required; capacity will be limited and times will fill quickly. The World Changed Here Pavilion will not be opened and sandals will not be provided.
- Erie Canal Discovery Center: Now open
- Escape Niagara: Now open
- Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls USA: Select stores now open, other retailers remain open for curbside pickup only. Lean more here. Hours: Monday–Saturday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, noon to 6 p.m.
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum: Now open, Wednesday–Saturday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday, noon to 3 p.m. The Kiddieland Testing Park is also open; weather permiting.
- Kenan Center: Open daily.
- Lakeview Village Shoppes: Individual shop hours vary, but most open Saturday and Sunday only, noon to 6 p.m.
- Lockport Cave & Underground Boat Ride: Now open; includes walking tour only.
- Maid of the Mist: Open daily, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Niagara Falls Underground Railroad Heritage Center: Now open Thursday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Digital tickets encouraged.
- Niagara Jet Adventures: Now open
- Niagara Scenic Trolley (Niagara Falls State Park): Open Sunday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Niagara Wine Trail, USA: Visit the individual winery websites and social media pages for the most up-to-date information.
- Old Fort Niagara: Open Wednesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Rainbow Air, Inc. Helicopter Tours: Open Thursday to Monday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino: Casino and hotel are open. Additional details can be found here.
- Skydive the Falls: Now open
- Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours: Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday only.
Which Niagara Falls USA restaurants are open?
All restaurants and food service establishments, including food trucks and other food concessions are allowed to operate indoor and outdoor dining facilities with restrictions:
- 50% maximum occupancy indoors, excluding employees
- All tables indoors or outdoors must be separated by 6 ft. or with physical barriers
- Employees must wear face coverings at all times
- Customers must wear face coverings, except when seated
- Maximum 10 people at each table
- Clean/disinfect reusable menus between use, or display online, TV, or with chalkboards.
Which Niagara Falls USA outdoor recreation amenities are open?
- New York State Parks: All are open, though some amenities remain closed. Click here to learn more about area parks.
- Fishing: Fishing charters have resumed tours; click here to find an operator. If you own a boat, launch ramps and marinas are open.
- Golf Courses: All golf courses are open; click here to find a course.
- Reddy Bikeshare: 145 bikes in over 30 locations throughout the City of Niagara Falls; learn how to use the social bicycle service here.
- Sight See Rentals: Offering bicycles, electric scooters and more. Located nearby Niagara Falls State Park.
Can I cross the border and travel to Canada?
No! The U.S. and Canadian border is closed to all non-essential travel at least until November 21, 2020.