Information updated as of April 1, 2021.
Niagara Falls USA is adhering to all COVID-19 protocol updates including social distancing and wearing a mask.
All our destination partners and businesses are taking the necessary precautions and making safety protocol changes to keep each other safe — including our locals, the hospitality and tourism community, and visitors to Niagara Falls USA. Unified in Safety is a shared commitment for all of us to stay safe and healthy, while following recommended public health guidelines. Safety is everyone's responsibility.
Is there a travel advisory for New York State?
Starting April 1, 2021, domestic travelers will no longer be required to quarantine after entering New York from another U.S. State or U.S. Territory. While no longer required, the NYS Department of Health still recommends quarantine after domestic travel as an added precaution. Mandatory quarantine remains in effect for international travelers. All travelers must continue to fill out the Traveler Health Form. Individuals should continue strict adherence to all safety guidelines to stop the spread - wearing masks, socially distancing and avoiding gatherings. Learn more here.
Which Niagara Falls hotels are open?
Most hotels, motels, vacation rentals, bed and breakfasts are open. Click here to find lodging that suits your needs.
New York State Park campsites, cabins and cottages are currently open. Reservations can be made in advance by calling toll free 1-800-456-CAMP or online. No walk-in stays will be accepted at this time.
Which Niagara Falls USA attractions are open?
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, several Niagara Falls USA attractions and activities are encouraging visitors to purchase and secure admission tickets online and in advance of their visit as capacity is limited at all locations. Please confirm details beforehand to ensure an enjoyable experience for all! Times and days are subject to change. Most attractions are closed on major holidays. Face masks are required!
For planning assistance while in the destination, visit the Niagara Falls USA Official Visitor Center, 10 Rainbow Blvd., Niagara Falls, NY 14303; open daily, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Closed on Easter Sunday.
- Niagara Falls State Park is open 24/7/365 for viewing the Falls. Please note, some attractions are seasonal and all have their own hours of operation. Parking is $10 for the day.
- Cave of the Winds Gorge Walk: Open daily at 9 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Timed tickets will be required; capacity will be limited and times will fill quickly. The World Changed Here Pavilion will not be opened.
- Illumination of the Falls: Nightly, 8 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Niagara Scenic Trolley: Open daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Observation Tower: Open daily, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Aquarium of Niagara: Open daily, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (4/1-11) and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (4/12-30). There is a timed ticketing system and guests are strongly encouraged to purchase general admission passes online ahead of their visit.
- Erie Canal Discovery Center: Open Fridays and Saturdays only, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Escape Niagara: Now open.
- Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls USA: Select stores now open. Open daily; please check with individual stores and restaurants for their current hours.
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum: Opening April 7, 2021; Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Sunday, noon to 3 p.m.
- Kenan Center: Open daily. Monday through Friday, noon to 5 p.m. and Saturday to Sunday, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Niagara Climbing Center: Open daily, Monday to Friday, 3 to 9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, noon to 6 p.m.
- Niagara Falls Underground Railroad Heritage Center: Open Thursday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Digital tickets encouraged.
- Niagara Wine Trail, USA: Visit the individual winery websites and social media pages for the most up-to-date information.
- Old Fort Niagara: From April to May, open Wednesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Rainbow Air, Inc. Helicoper Tours: Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., weather permitting! Please note, no reservations due to weather pending conditions.
- Reddy Bikeshare: With 145 bikes in over 30 locations throughout the City of Niagara Falls, bikes are easily available to visitors and local residents. Learn more here.
- Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino: Casino and hotel are open. Additional details can be found here.
Which Niagara Falls USA restaurants are open?
All restaurants and food service establishments, including food trucks and other food concessions are allowed to operate indoor and outdoor dining facilities with restrictions.
- Bars, restaurants, as well as any State Liquor Authority-licensed establishment, will be required to close from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily. Restaurants will still be allowed to provide curbside, food-only pick-up or delivery after 10 p.m., but will not be permitted to serve alcohol to go.
- 50% maximum occupancy indoors, excluding employees
- All tables indoors or outdoors must be separated by 6 ft. or with physical barriers
- Employees must wear face coverings at all times
- Customers must wear face coverings, except when seated
- Maximum 10 people at each table
- Clean/disinfect reusable menus between use, or display online, TV, or with chalkboards.
Which Niagara Falls USA outdoor recreation amenities are open?
- New York State Parks: All are open, though some amenities remain closed. Click here to learn more about area parks.
- Fishing: Fishing charters have resumed tours; click here to find an operator. If you own a boat, launch ramps and marinas are open.
Can I cross the border and travel to Canada?
No! The U.S. and Canadian border is closed to all non-essential travel at least until April 21, 2021.