Destination Niagara USA, the official destination marketing organization (DMO) for Niagara Falls and Niagara County is currently looking to fill three openings on their Board of Directors. The Destination Niagara USA Board is comprised of both Tourism and General Business seats. Currently, three General Business seats are expiring. To qualify as General Business, the applicant’s business must derive more than 50% of its revenue from the Western New York region and not from the tourism industry.
With terms beginning in January 2018, Destination Niagara USA would like to recruit new and highly committed Board members with a strong passion for the growing Niagara County tourism economy. Board Members will be asked to fulfill the following duties and commitments:
- Support the Mission of Destination Niagara USA: to enhance the economic prosperity of Niagara County by promoting, selling and marketing the county as a premier destination for meetings, conventions and leisure tourism.
- Must hold one of the following titles: Business owner or principal, President, CEO, Vice President, General Manager OR hold an upper management/executive level position with the authority from an employer to make decisions based on the best interests of the destination and organization.
- Qualify for a General Business seat as defined.
- Have the ability to access a secure web based Board Portal for meeting notices and general communication.
- Adhere to the Board roles and responsibilities.
Selected Board members will benefit from board orientation prior to term start date. Click here to apply. All applications must be submitted by September 15, 2017.