EXP Niagara is the official destination education and visitor services online training program facilitated by Destination Niagara USA.
This online training program provides our Niagara Falls USA hospitality and tourism community with the knowledge and tools needed to enhance visitor experiences by educating them on our destination's tourism product as well as customer service tips designed specifically for our visitors.
WHAT IS EXP NIAGARA?
EXP Niagara is an online training program aimed to meet the following goals:
- EXPand your customer service knowledge
- Exceed visitor EXPectations
- Become a Niagara Falls USA EXPert in order to...
- Create the best visitor EXPerience
The program is currently comprised of eight video-based programs which are housed on an e-campus and can be accessed from any computer, tablet or mobile device. Total training time is approximately one hour.
(1) Welcome to EXP introduction video
(2) A "Brand" New Niagara Falls USA brand introduction video
(3) Visitor Services Training Videos customized to meet the needs of our visitor demographic:
- "Welcoming Our Visitors - 4 Easy Steps"
- "Welcoming the World"
(4) Destination Education videos all specifically themed around Niagara Falls USA's tourism product:
"Go with the Flow - Niagara Falls USA's Waterways"
"Niagara Falls USA: Home to History"
"Sip, Shop and Play throughout Niagara Falls USA"
"Arts & Culture: Where to Find It"
Research shows that positive experiences with visitor-facing staff are critical to driving repeat visits and positive word of mouth. By members of the Niagara Falls USA hospitality and tourism community becoming Certified EXP Pros, your business will contribute to positively effecting the visitor experience in the destination.
Participant benefits include:
- Lapel pins and completion certificates for Certified EXP Pros.
- Recognition in the Niagara Falls USA Travel Guide and on niagarafalls.usa.com with EXP Niagara logo placed next to the business' listing.
- A chance to win randomly-drawn $100 VISA gift cards once per month, and two $500 VISA gift cards drawn twice per year from the database of Certified EXP Pros.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE PROGRAM?
EXP Niagara is FREE to all Niagara County hospitality and tourism partners. The cost for the program has been generously underwritten by Destination Niagara USA.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR EXP NIAGARA?
Because EXP Niagara is housed on a web-based e-campus, participation requires a username and password for each person to access the site.
Here's what we will need from you:
- Designate a contact person from your organization to work with our office to facilitate employee participation.
- Determine the best way for employees to sign up:
- Employee email addresses - use this option only if everyone on your staff has an email address.
- Create your own usernames and passwords - you will create logins and passwords for each employee on your staff that does not have access to email.
- Complete an Excel spreadsheet provided by the EXP Niagara program administrator.
I'M INTERESTED! WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?
Learn more by contacting Lana Perlman, Director of Visitor Services, via phone, 716-282-8992 x316 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to the following partners for committing their teams and successfully completing this incredibly worthwhile online training program:
- American Niagara Hospitality
- Comfort Inn "The Pointe"
- Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls
- Cornerstone Ice Arena
- Flight of Five Winery
- Gorge View Hostel
- Greater Lockport Development Corp.
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- Lakeview Village Shoppes
- Lockport Main Street
- Lockport Locks Heritage District Corporation
- Niagara Jet Adventures
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
- Quality Hotel & Suites
- Quality Inn
- Red Maple Inn
- Savor Restaurant at Niagara Falls Culinary Institute
- Wingate Niagara Falls