A variety of special events are taking place throughout Niagara Falls USA to celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year, the Year of the Pig. In Chinese culture, pigs are a symbol of fun, fortune and wealth. From the Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls USA to the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute, don't miss these festive activities. The Falls will even be illuminated red on Tuesday, February 5 in celebration of the Lunar New Year.
Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls USA
- February 2 – 17, 2019: Visit Guest Services located near Saks OFF 5th to receive a special Lunar New Year red envelope, featuring a free commemorative Year of the Pig Savings Pass and additional special offers from participating retailers.
- Sunday, February 10, 2019, 1 PM: Enjoy traditional cultural performances by Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute, near Polo Ralph Lauren.
- Saturday, February 16, 2019, 1 PM: Celebrate with cultural music performances, crafts, games and calligraphy art, near Polo Ralph Lauren.
Niagara Falls Culinary Institute
- Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 6 PM - 9:30 PM: Learn the different techniques involved in making dishes for a Dim Sum meal including Pork Potstickers, Chicken Teriyaki Skewers, Crab Rangoons. Grilling, frying, steaming—all of it creates different textures and flavors to make this communal meal exciting! Cost per participant $60. Sign up here.
Niagara Falls USA Official Visitor Center
- Saturday, February 16, 2019, 11 AM - 3 PM: Join us for an afternoon of tea tasting with DavidsTea, featuring a variety of teas from fresh traditional loose leafs to fun and innovative blends.