Whether you’re planning a trip to Niagara Falls USA from across the state or internationally, or wondering how you’ll get around while here, there are plenty of options to make your travels seamless.
- Bus: Buses serve as an affordable and convenient option when traveling. Niagara Falls USA is serviced by Greyhound, New York Trailways and various tour operators. For convenient bus transit from New York City to Niagara Falls and beyond, view all bus listings here. While in Niagara Falls USA, NFTA – Metro will help you get around quickly, safely and economically. Fare for Metro bus is $2/USD, or Metro day passes are available.
- Train: Niagara Falls USA is connected to East Coast destinations such as New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, DC via Amtrak. The Niagara Falls International Train Station and Intermodal Transportation Center and ticket office is open daily from 7:30 a.m to 5:30 p.m. The Empire Service, offers frequent daily trains between Niagara Falls, Albany and on to New York City making business and leisure travel simple. Additionally, the Maple Leaf Service line connects New York City with Niagara Falls and continues on to Canada's urban metropolis Toronto, making stops in Albany, the beautiful Hudson River Valley, New York's wine country and the incredible gorges of the Finger Lakes.
- Trolley/Shuttle: There are (3) trolleys that operate in Niagara Falls USA. See the various options below:
METRO'S NIAGARA FALLS TROLLEY (RED LINE)
Metro's Niagara Falls Trolley service (designated as the red route on brochure maps) serves Niagara Falls Boulevard, Pine Avenue, Niagara Falls International Airport and downtown Niagara Falls USA. The trolley operates from 9 a.m. to 12 a.m. on the following dates:
June 19–September 27: Daily
October 2–25: Available Friday through Sunday
Complimentary Trolley Day Passes are available at participating hotel registration desks for guests only. Guests ride free all day, including connections to Metro Bus and Metro Rail. Passengers without a Trolley Day Pass may use the trolley with any valid Metro pass or $2.00 USD. A reduced fare is offered to senior citizens (65+), individuals with disabilities, Medicare cardholders with proper ID and children ages 5-11. Children 4 and under ride free with a fare paying adult. All Metro vehicles are wheelchair accessible. A regular Metro bus may be substituted for a trolley bus on occasion. For additional Metro information, call 716-855-7211, TTY/Relay 711 or 1-800-662-1220 or visit, nfta.com.
DISCOVER NIAGARA SHUTTLE (BLUE LINE)
Experience Niagara's iconic landscape, rich history and thriving culture and communities along the scenic Niagara River with the ease and convenience of a hop-on/hop-off shuttle, the Discover Niagara Shuttle. Connect to a variety of destination sites along the 14-mile route from Niagara Falls USA to Old Fort Niagara in Youngstown, N.Y. Complimentary Wi-Fi is provided on the shuttle.
NIAGARA FALLS SCENIC TROLLEY (GREEN LINE)
Follow the walking path throughout Niagara Falls State Park and explore the scenic beauty and iconic attractions, or ride the vintage-style Niagara Scenic Trolley. This 3-mile route allows guests to hop-on/hop-off at all major attractions and viewing areas within the Park for the day for a small fee. A 1-day pass for the Niagara Scenic Trolley is included in the Niagara USA Discovery Pass, valid May - October.
- Car Rental/Taxi: If you prefer to navigate your way through Niagara Falls USA yourself, or wish to hail a taxi, there are plenty of options available.
- Airports: If you’re coming a distance to Niagara Falls USA, take a flight and land at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF), just 30 minutes from downtown Niagara Falls. Major carriers to the airport include: American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue, Southwest, Sunwing and United. For travelers departing from Florida, Spirit and Allegiant service the Niagara Falls International Airport, conveniently located 15 minutes from downtown Niagara Falls.