Destination Niagara USA administers all written tests at the Niagara Falls USA Official Visitor Center, 10 Rainbow Blvd., Niagara Falls, NY 14303. Complimentary parking is available in the adjacent lot at the corner of Rainbow Boulevard and First Street; park in one of the designated spaces with signage reading, "Official Visitor Center Parking."
To schedule a tour guide or taxi driver written test, call (716) 282-8992 x311. Test times are available by appointment only, Monday through Friday. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Each written test is $10.00, cash only, and a receipt will be provided.
- Bring photo ID.
- No phones or notes are allowed in the testing room.
- Guests who accompany you may not enter the office area or testing room.
Upon passing, you will receive a certificate of completion, which you can then bring to Niagara Falls City Hall to continue the certification process.
- To pass the Niagara Falls USA tour guide written test, you cannot have more than 10 out of 50 questions answered incorrectly.
- To pass the Niagara Falls USA taxi driver written test, you cannot have more than 6 out of 35 questions answered incorrectly.
If you fail any written test, you must wait at least 24 hours before retaking another test. Each written test attempt costs $10.00 cash.